Administrative Law and Employment Litigation Defense
Douglas B.M. Ehlke attended the University of Chicago Law School and was admitted to the Bar in 1971. Mr. Ehlke has been selected to the Washington Super Lawyers in 2000, 2001, 2007, 2008, and 2009. He is a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He also received the Martindale Hubbell's "Preeminent AV" Certificate for 30 years of their "highest possible" peer review rating in legal ability and ethical standards. He is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. In June 2010, he received the Seattle Met Magazine award by peers as a Top Lawyers 2010 for Labor and Employment Law.
In OSHA: 1. Arc flash assessment needed for electrical lines and training for plant electricians and employees who work on electrical lines or equipment; 2. Lockout-Tagout; 3. New "Severe" and enhanced enforcement program(s); and 4. Forklift Safety.
In EEOC: 1. Retaliation claims; 2. Mediation Practices; and 3. Agency prosecuted cases.
In Wage & Hour: 1. Exemption parameters; 2. Overtime pay issues; 3. Family Farm Exemption; and 4. Migrant Worker issues and citations
1. OSHA Compliance Trends and Issues
2. Employee Misconduct Defense in Construction
3. Power Press Safety Compliance
4. Machine Guarding Basics and Advanced
5. Lockout-Tagout Developments and Standards
6. EEO Discrimination and Retaliation Trends
7. Labor Law Update
1. Workplace Accident Third-Party Inquiries, PMA September 2010
2. Law Limiting Employee Workplace Intentional Tort Claims Against Employers Upheld, PMA July 2010
3. OSHA's New Severe Violator Enforcement Program - - More Intensive Inspections Corporate Wide, PMA June 2010
4. Metalformer's End-of-the-Decade Checklist, PMA May 2010
5. What’s New at OSHA, PMA April 2010
6. FMLA Leave Employee Termination for Unprotected Absences Upheld, PMA March 2010
7. Covenant Not To Compete 101
8. Unpreventable Employee Misconduct Defense - - A State OSHA Agency Seeks To Redefine It